What do we use your personal information for?
As required by the United States and European data protection laws, we have a lawful basis for our collecting and processing of your Personal Data and want to be clear about the purposes for doing so.
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Generally, we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- Legitimate interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between Springboard IT and you; develop our products and services, detect and correct bugs in our products; improve our Websites; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime (including misappropriation of intellectual property); promote and grow our business. We do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
- To perform our contractual services to you. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our products and services to you. Specifically, we use your contact information to provide you with the products, license keys, and support services that you order from us.
- As required by law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspection, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
Special categories of information
Springboard IT does not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of Personal Data from you, such as Personal Data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical beliefs, or trade unions membership, or the processing of data concerning your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation or history of criminal convictions.
Automated decision making
Springboard IT does not use your Personal Data with any automated decision making processes.
Accessing your personal information
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- to make a request to see the personal information we hold about you
- to change/update the personal information we hold about you
- to ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you, unless there is a statutory, regulatory or otherwise legitimate reason for us not to comply (we will always provide you with more details about your rights in our response to your request)
- to ask us to provide you or a third party with the personal information we hold about you.
With whom we share your Personal Data
Service providers. We may use third party service providers to perform services on our behalf. These parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Specifically, such service provider include:
- We use Office 365 to host our email and Internal Portal. They do not mine our data therefore do not mine your data. More information can be found at https://products.office.com/en-gb/business/office-365-trust-center-privacy
- We use Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Website and some of our products and services. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons. Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process; to enforce or apply our EULA and other agreements; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Springboard IT, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us and how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology and our advertising to you.
We will only use your email address to send you newsletters and promotional emails with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can opt-in to receiving our email communications by checking the relevant box when purchasing our products.
You may opt-out of receiving our email communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail, or by sending us an email stating your request through contact information below. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Add-in Express as a result of your support requests regarding our products.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in With whom we share your Personal Data. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
Do Not Track signals
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform Website that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We do not track you over time and across third-party websites or other online services for any purpose, therefore we do not respond to browser DNT signals and do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such signal is broadcast or received.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, and we do our best to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
To secure your personal data, our products and services are designed with security and privacy in mind. We encrypt your data in transfer; external web resources are protected by SSL encryption.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Whether we have given you or you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like forums or blogs. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
By using the Website or providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Consent to processing of Personal Data outside of the European Union
We may process your Personal Data outside of your home country. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), your Personal Data may be moved outside of the EEA, including to the United State.
Links to other sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Springboard IT will retain your personal data for the entire time that you keep your account open. At any time, you may ask for your data to be removed from our servers by sending a request through contact information below. After the data removal, we may keep pseudonyms of your personal data solely for a record about the data removal.
We may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
Springboard IT (UK) Ltd.
West End Farm
Tel: +44 1934 710666